Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Last month I was supposed to go to KEYS (Kingston Employment & Youth Services)to meet wiht a job councellor. Unfortuneately she had to reshcedule for this past Monday.

Things went as well as could be expected, I guess. I was just our first meeting after all. It was a "get to know you" type of thing. We talked about my past job experiences. Where I worked, what I liked and disliked and why. I was even able to mention my wanting to go to the Paintball Training Institute (PTI) in Tennesse. Hopefully on May 25 we'll be able to talk about it more. If I'm mega super ultra lucky they'll say, "Here's the money, have a nice trip."

The other day I went into the army surplus store downtown to see if they had a certified airsmith on staff since they sell some paintball gear. I was told no. So that could be a potential employer.

I know I'm dreaming, but if i get the training they surplus store hires me I might be able to talk the owner into opening an indoor field in town. Granted it wouldn't be MY field, but I'd be in charge of it. I'd actually be doing something that I want to do and not something everyone thinks I should do.

I don't care if I make millions of dollars. I want to do something that I'll enjoy, something that will keep my hands busy and my mind working. Being at a paintball field would be a huge advantage. I'd have a place I could test the repaired markers, and play or ref when I can.

So please. Pray, sacrifice goats, eat bugs to/for what ever version of god that I'll have some good luck with this. Other wise I'll probably get stuck working with computers.

No comments: