Tuesday, December 13, 2005

All wet..Again

So I go to bed at 11 pm. 4 am rolls around and I'm sleeping sound until I realize that someone is running a bath.
I wake up enough to realize that it's not a bath, but someone doing laundry.
I wake up a little more and can hear that the water is actually pouring through my bedroom ceiling. Right at the foot of the bed.

The laundry room is right above our apartment.
After running around the apartment naked for a minute I managed to be coherent enough to send the wife upstairs to turn the laundry off thinking the drainage sink was over flowing.

She comes back down and says she can't do anything. One of the pipes broke. Luckily the shut off valve for the building is in our apartment. Now no one has water. At least until the plumber comes in to fix things.

So now we've got laundry to do, and we may need to replace our mattress.
And since we don;t have content insurance, we're probably shit out of luck.

1 comment:

Brady said...

LOL

I just read this and realized that at about the same time, I had the water line to my washing machine freeze! It took me three days to finally get it thawed out.

Good blog by the way. I got here through the Specops forum from your sig. I think I'll be back.