Wednesday, September 10, 2008

It's the thought that counts

There are days where you wake up in the morning and say to yourself, "What the fuck am I doing? Nobody gives a damn about me and what I do." Doing volunteer staff work on the paintball forum has more than it's fair share of those kinds of days.

Don't get me wrong. I do enjoy it. I've met dozens, if not hundreds, of great people. The majority of them seem to get my odd sense of humor and even though they have voted me "Most Evil Forum Staff" four years in a row. But there are still days where I do things quietly and feel like I've been forgotten.

Then there are days where someone posts something like this. The fact that someone would take the time to find and post it is great. The fact that someone suggested pooling money to get me a custom Pez totally rocks!

I don't expect to actually have a bunch of people who have never met me actually do it but it's the thought that counts. And it certainly made my day.

No comments: