Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Yup. I'm depressed.

Went to the doctor today. I was 15 minutes late for my appointment, but considering I've got 4 days with 10:30 am appointments and today was supposed to be 10:00 am it's not surprising.

It seems I've been suffering from dysthymia for many years.
Chronic depression, or dysthymia, is characterized by a long-term (two years or more) depressed mood. Chronic depression is less severe than major depression and typically does not disable the person. If you have dysthymia or chronic depression, you may also experience one or more episodes of major depression during your lifetime.


So what doesn this mean? It means that starting tomorrow I join the ranks of the medicated. She prescribed Celexa and wants me to see a councilor. Due to his schedule I may not see him until the new year. Hopefully I can get my head fixed.

In other news...
The pinched nerve is getting better. The pins and needles continue to decline in intensity and I have full sense of touch in my fingers again.

My family doctor has cleared me for all forms of physical activity but suggested I avoid headbutts, headstands and head banging.

No comments: