Friday, April 26, 2013

Still moving forward.

Tuesday was the last day of my workshops at Goodwill Industries Career Center. I now have a new updated resume and a have my three references. I've also learned a few things about how to conduct myself in an interview. I'm feeling a lot more confident now! I also had Workplace Hazardous Material Identification System (WHMIS) training and received my certification on it!

Today I had a follow up appointment with my facilitator, Linda. I had to confirm I completed what we agreed upon in March and make plans for the near future.

So, Monday I go back for Personality Dimensions. I'm told it's going to be a busy day but fun. I'll find out what "color" my personality is, how to tell what color someone else is and learn how to deal with them effectively. After that, I don't have anything there until May 27 & 28 when I go for my CPR/First Aid training.

Then in July, I go to their Expert Customer Service course. I'll be able to knock the dust of my skills and learn a few new ones. 30 hours of in class training and then 50 hours working in all areas of the Goodwill retail store.

Because the last course is so far out I was told I could go and sit in on the Employment Placement meetings. I'd like to, but there's one minor hiccup that puts it on the back burner. 

Carrie has a date for her gall bladder surgery. May 23, and we have to be there for 11:00 am. With her needing 6 to 8 weeks for recovery it's good that I have to wait so long to finish up with Goodwill.

Now it's time to eat and maybe have a coffee.

No comments: