Friday, October 20, 2006

THE BELLS! THE BELLS!!!

Well technically it's Bell and the ding, but what ever.

It's been a LONG week at the new job. I'm working for Bell Canada in the billing department. It's not overly difficult but it seems that I'm woefully under-trained. It feels like we "glanced" at all the tools we're supposed to use and "glimpsed" the information we need. Three weeks learning this stuff nad I'm spending more time with my hand in the air trying to flag down a "red-hat" (expierenced co-worker) and being taught how to do this shit.

Monday was the last day of class room training. Tuesday we hit the floor and went live. It wasn't too bad but I had guessed we got off lucky. That night as I was taking the bus home I mentioned to Janet (one of the ladies that trained with me) that we'd see the shit hit the fan later in the week. I was right.

Wedensday it seemed like every crackhead in Ontario had called in. Thursdy seemed to be more of the same. I actually had one guy call in complaining that he was over charged by ONE FUCKING PENNY! Buddy, if you're THAT worried over one cent get rid of your damned phone. I spent 20 minutes trying to explain to one person that long distance is charged by the minute or any part there of. If you call your kids and ask them to call back, that 15 second call is billed as 1 minute.

Today was pretty mellow. The shitty part of today came from the slush that dropped out of the sky. Too warm for real snow but this stuff was still white and in piled up in a few areas. Nothing to shovel. Fortunately the rain god rid of most of it.

Thank god it Friday.

No comments: