Saturday, November 04, 2006

A title that means nothing.

Work has been going. Even though I work for the phone company I can honestly say that they SUCK. I can't say why until Monday. But I can say it will piss people off to no end.

I had one customer, a politician, call in totally pissed offed. It seems that he had no phone service and the repair crews had gone out to fix it. As if that wasn't bad enough. According to Mr. Politician the construction company doing work across the street from his office was run by the Mafia and they were out to get him. At this point I'm thinking that I've been to the town where he is and there's no way the mob would be after a useless jerk like him, unless of course he owes them drug money. His town is way to small to be of interest to the mafia. He then begins to rant about how the "street gangs" of "worthless teenagers" are out to get him as well. DUDE! There are only about 2500 people in your town! What's the gang consist of? Two high school students walking in your direction to get to the corner store?

Then there are the really stupid things that shouldn't happen. Things like people getting charged for the installation of 9 phone jacks, or having a $100 refund increase the bill, or people who wait a FUCKING MONTH! before calling in because no-one actually came to the door and said their new phone was connected. GAH!

Halloween!



Halloween has come and gone. Logan was dressed as Superman. We were only out for about an hour and a half. The best part of the night was the guy dressed as a scarecrow with a jack-o-lantern head. He was sitting in a chair in his driveway and his wife was handing out treats. As the kids would leave he'd make a grab at them and scare the bejeebers out of them. Logan bolted out of the driveway and down the sidewalk. We called him back and he was laughing, "He pranked me didn't he?" All we could do was laugh with him.

The worst thing about the night was coming home. Why? Because as soon as we got in and finished sorting the candy there was a Christmas commercial on TV. Carrie thought I flipped my lid when I started swearing for no apparent reason. Why the hell can't we have a day or two of quiet before the Christmas rush begins?

Other Stuff



I've been trying to get my hands on a copy of Call of Duty. The FIRST version of the game. There is a paintball mod for it. Even if it's kind of cheesy I don't care. It's multi player online and many of the forum members play. I think it'd be kind of fun to play against them. If you know of any place I can get a copy let me know.

No comments: