Saturday, November 18, 2006

Emo?

A while ago on the Spec Ops forum a member asked, "Why don't people like Emo Kids?"

Several members commented on how annoying this group of kids are. How they walk around all depressed, wearing black (usually female clothes no less), complain about how no-one likes them and why the cut themselves. His response to this was, "We just want to be left alone. You're all pissed because I'm an individual."

That made me laugh. I fail to see how dressing, listening to the same music and acting like the rest of the Emo Kids makes you an individual, weather you are a "true" emo or a poser.

For a while I pretty much left it at that. Then someone at work made a comment that reminded me of the Emo.

I have no problem with someone trying to express themselves. I grew up surrounded by punks and goths. I dealt with potheads, geeks, nerds and jocks. Preps and wannabes. I did things people thought I was nuts for doing. I was accused of being a skin head when I shaved my head the first time. But emos?

I have a hard time accepting a group that claims to be original when the first emo kids ever were seen around in October 2, 1950. Who are these kids? Everyone and their dog should know them. If you haven't guessed it's none other than Charlie Brown and the gang. Read the comics, you'll see what I mean.

You want people to like you? Then why the hell are you being an annoying ass clown and whining about it? I hate to break the news to you but the universe shits on everyone. You want proof? Try living in Halifax NS for 12 years and being deathly allergic to seafood. Quit cutting yourself. Maybe the extra blood that makes it to your brain will let you have an intelligent thought.

God.. "I'm just not happy. I'm just not happy. I'm just not happy because my life didn't turn out the way I thought it would." Hey! Join the fucking club, ok!? I thought I was going to be the starting center fielder for the Boston Red Socks. Life sucks, get a fucking helmet, allright?! "I'm not happy. I'm not happy." Nobody's happy, ok!? Happiness comes in small doses folks. It's a cigarette, or a chocolate cookie, or a five second orgasm. That's it, ok! You cum, you eat the cookie, you smoke the butt, you go to sleep, you get up in the morning and go to fucking work, ok!? That is it! End of fucking list! "I'm just not happy." Shut the fuck up, allright? That's the name of my new book, "Shut the Fuck Up, by Doctor Denis Leary. A revolutionary new form of therapy." I'm gonna have my patients come in. "Doctor, I.." "Shut the fuck up, next!" "I don't feel so.." "Shut the fuck up, next!" "He made me feel so much better about myself, you know? He just told me to shut the fuck up and nobody had ever told me that before. I feel so much better now." Whining fucking maggots.


Thank you Dennis Leary. I couldn't have said it better myself.

No comments: