Friday, March 09, 2007

Happy Birthday to me!

Yup I'm another year older as of today. And I am definitely feeling it. On Feb 26 I ended up in the hospital due to a severe muscle spasm.

I went in around 8:45 pm and was out by 4:30 am. When I arrived I was assessed and given 2 needles, one in each ass cheek, or what I think was Demerol and 3 percocetes. They left me be for an hour or so and tired to get me into a sitting position. It didn't work. So between 10 pm and 4 am they took some x-rays and said I was fine and I was given a total 4 shots of morphine.

I am still sore but I'm mobile. I can't put my socks on with out help. My back stiffens up if I'm sitting or standing too long. My right thigh has had a "Charley horse" for the last two days and I can't lift heavy objects.

I think I made the doctors nervous that night. I had a shit load of drugs in me and I wasn't even drowsy.

Tomorrow we celebrate mine and Logan's birthdays. He's having some of his friends over. Me with a bad back and ten kids in the house... Where did I put the morphine?

No comments: