Saturday, January 05, 2008

Headbutt of DOOOM!

Last night, Friday, I was watching Akira. It ended at 1:15am Carrie had gone to bed about an hour earlier to read some of her book.

We'd been laying there for a few minutes when my lips hard started to bother me, badly chapped, and I got up to find some lip balm. When I crawled back into bed the lights were out and she was half a sleep.

Obviously I couldn't see her arm on my side of the bed. I ended up putting enough pressure on it at the elbow to wake her up in pain. Thirty minutes later she was off to the hospital because there was an odd clicking at just below the elbow, swelling and a tingling sensation down to her finger tips. I couldn't go because Logan was sleeping.

Carrie got home at 5am. In the three hours there they took 6 X-rays and had her talk to an abuse counselor to see if I beat her regularly. It was determined that I'm not an abusive asshole and this was just one of those odd things that can happen and that she suffered sever sprain of the elbow. Like I didn't feel bad enough having hurt her. At least it wasn't a break.

So for the next 3 days she has to stay in a sling and compression bandage. Then she has to keep the bandage on for another 4 days.

It shouldn't cause a problem with her surgery on the Jan 22, but I guess we'll see.

No comments: