Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Dental Visit

Yesterday Carrie had a dental visit to finish her cleaning. On the way out I decided that since the wedding is getting closer I should get my cleaning done soon and booked an appointment. I was expecting to have to wait a week but they had an opening this morning.

I get to the dentist office about 15 minutes early and go in. The hygienist Takes a quick peek in my mouth and asks the usual questions. She then hands a cup with some liquid in it.

"We're going to do an oral cancer screening. The rinse needs to be swished around for 45 seconds and it's doesn't taste good."

I was expecting it to be some awful pseudo flavor like chocolate or banana milkshake... Was I ever wrong. 45 seconds seemed like forever and I was trying not to gag. I spit and comment that it's very disgusting and it tasted like strawberry flavored vinegar. "Close. It's raspberry flavored vinegar." BLECH!!!

After that I laid back and she poked around my mouth with a blue light looking for potential cancer indicators. Thankfully it came up clean. As far as I can tell it was something like this: http://www.vizilite.com/

Overall the cleaning went well, considering my last one was 2 years ago. They found one cavity and I was able to get an appointment this morning as well.

I now have nice shiny teeth for the wedding!

No comments: