Thursday, October 28, 2004

The Lunar Eclipse

Yeah, I know. Everyone and their dog, cat, horse and grandmother will be blogging and chatting about it.
Here S.E Ontario it started around 2100hrs. Just a black spot on the lower left side of the moon. Somewhere around 2230hrs the eclipse was in full effect. I wasn't expecting an epiphany, nor was I expecting the same magical feeling of a solar eclipse. I was pleased that I was able to see it, just as I was when I saw Comet 1996 B2 (Hyakutake) in March of 1997. However the comet seemed to have a more spiritual feel to it. I Hope I'm still around to see Haley's Comet in 2061. I missed it in 1985 due to cloud cover. I found the Lunar Eclipse a bit of a let down though. It probably would have been more impressive if the moon had been lower in the sky, allowing it to appear closer. It also seemed to be more of a reddish brown color and I was hoping for a bright red. On the plus side, I did see to meteors/shooting stars.
Saturday we're heading out of town for a few hours to take a look at an apartment. It sounds nice on the phone, and it's well within our budget, $525/month + electricity (about $35.00/month). We did a quick recalculation of our finances and we'd be able to save $200 every month, spend more on food, and get a better internet connection!
I'll keep you all posted as top what happens with the new digs!

No comments: