Friday, December 03, 2004

New digs!

YES! We're moved into the new place. We did that Sunday. Started unpacking.
Monday saw more unpacking, and the connection of the internet, cable and phone.
Tuesday, while carrie rested because her back was sore, I put up all of her dolphin knick-knacks. It made the new place feel more like home.
Wedensday, we put up pictures after my mother left. As a housewarming gift my grandmother bought Carrie and I a new bed frame.
Yesterday we all went out to do Christmas shopping, and finished it today. THANK GOD!! We have our Xmas tree up and decorated all the presants are wrapped and under it.

That's the week so far. Other than that it's just us trying to get used to the new place. With it being a basement apartment is cooler. Heat is from the old radiators, but they're mounted to the ceiling so it's not as warm as it could be. We asked the super if he could turn up the heat and we were told no since it's a central heating system. It's set to 19°C so it's not cold. But at 2 am.... So we bough an inexpensive space heater. It only cost about $20.00, but works great!

Today while we were finishing up the Xmas shopping we explored downtown as well. I found an Army surplus store that deals in some basic paintball gear. Which means I'll be able to fill my tank, when I get my paintball prize, for about $8.00

I also noticed a roleplaying store downtown too. I may be able to start playing Mechwarrior:Dark Ages, and get into some other RPGs as well.

Tonight we fed Grissom. Boy, talk about wanting privacy. he refused to eat unless all the lights were oput and a cover was over his tank.

I think tomorrow we need to feed the hamster. I haven't fed him this week. I don't think Carrie has either.

No comments: