Sunday, January 01, 2006

HAPPY NEW YEAR! (like you haven't heard that a million times already...)

So a whole year has come and gone. What have I done with it? Not a hell of a lot. That's not to say I wasted it, but I didn't do anything spectacular. I didn't save any lives, or take any. I didn't win shitloads of cash on the lotto. I didn't buy or sell any property, discover new medications, use any illegal drugs, take over a small country.....

"Well what the fuck DID you do?"

I kept getting up in the morning. I kept going. I kept hoping. Somes days that was almost too much to do.

I decided what I really want to do finally and had that dream beaten, crushed and put on the shelf.

So the week before Christmas I applied for a student loan. I was approved. Next week I apply at the school. I'd rather head to the states and become an airsmith, but for now I have to settle for taking Computer Networking & Technical Support. The school has a good grad rate and employment rate. Mind you I might have to relocate but it would most likely a bigger city. And that won't be for 2 years, well a little more sice classes start in Spetember.

We spent Christmas at my moms. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't fantastic either. Probably because I was at the tail end of a cold. It doesn't help that Logan was being a whiner all morning. "I wanna open more presents! I wanna help open that one! I wanna I wanna I wanna!"

Carmen, my "evil" sister, was proposed to earlier this month. No date has been set. Her fiance, Stephen, is a pretty nice guy. Why he chooses to abuse himself by marrying Carmen I don't know.

New Years eve was kind of bland. No money for a babysiter meant we had to stay home. So we had a couple of friends come over. Carrie fell asleep on the couch before 10pm.

So as of now It's 8:48 am, Jan 1 2006. logan and I are up, Carrie is still asleep, and our friends are snoring away on the air matress in the kitchen.

So far the new year is just fantastic.

No comments: