Thursday, February 02, 2006

It sucks being 5.

It been a rough month for Logan.

Around the middle of January Logan came home from school with lice. So we bought the goop for all of our hair and shaved Logan's head. He was quite upset that he lost hid rat tail to.

Yesterday he went to school. I picked him up and he was fine. He was fine all afternoon. At bedtime I was reading him his story and noticed a couple of spots on his face and forhead. I figured Nova and Logan had been playing and he had a scratch. Boy was I wrong.

Spots started popping up on his arms and legs. All over his back and chest. He was doing fine at bedtime. Not scratching or even complaining of being itchy. He even went to sleep fine. I still needed to get some stuff for him so I ran off to the drugstore.

I checked in on him at 2200hrs and he was still snoring away. I went to bed at 0000hrs and slept untill 0200. WhenI went to the bathroom I could hear Logan grumbling.

I go into this room to see if he's ok and he says, "Daddy, having chicken pox is no fun." I spent the next 10 minutes dabbing Calamine Lotion on as many spots as I could. I gave him a couple of kids Advil and he went back to sleep....I wish I did.

At 0800 he comes into my bedroom saying he's itchy again. More Calamine put on him. As of right now he's in the bath tub with some colloidal oatmeal treatment. He asked me if he could have a spoon to eat the oatmeal. He seemed rather disapointed that I said no.

Now if that isn't bad enough. Carrie, appearently, hasn't had chicken pox. Personally I've never met anyone that's had chicken pox as an adult, all I've heard are rumors that it's by far alot worse than for a kid. So I'm the only one that's healthy, but I've been told I can still be a carry for it for a few days. Better safe than sorry I guess.

Onver the last few days on the Spec Ops forum (link in the side bar) We, the forum satff, have been talking about upgrading the software. I believe the version that was being used was version 3. the new software is version 6 or something. It was thought the upgrade would only take an hour or so. That was at around 1600hrs yesterday, it is now nearly 1200, 20 hours later. And it's still being worked on. "Computers will make thing easier for everyone!" HAHAHA! <- My sarcastic laugh. The 1950's were sooooo full of shit!

No comments: