Tuesday, August 01, 2006

I think my underwear melted....

Yeah it's that hot. As I write this it's 31°C, and withthe Humidex it's 43°C.

What's the Humidex? {quote}A calculation combining air temperature and relative humidity, given in degrees Celsius. It represents the heating effect felt due to a lack of body moisture evaporation, and gives the average person a "feeling" for how hot and stuffy the air is. Humidex is reported only during the summer months.
In Canada the area most affected by this combination of very high temperature and high humidity is southern Ontario and Quebec as moist tropical air pushes up from the Gulf of Mexico in the summer.{unquote} Think of it as the opposite of the Wind Chill Factor.

For those of you that aren't familiar with the Metric System 32°C is 87.80°F, 43°C is 109°F
Here's a quick refernce table:







C F
0 32
10 50
20 68
30 86
40 104
50 122


So not only is it damned warm but it's sticky. Add a smog warning into the mix and the weather is down right shitty. All I can say is I'm glad I have an air conditioner. It's not too bad inside, but that instant sheen of sweat all over the second you walk outside is annoying.

Logan was supposed to go to his soccer game tonight but we said no. With his asthama this weather is a huge concern for his health.

This morning we all had appointments at the eye doctors. Logan needs new weaker lenses, carrie and I both need stronger one. On the plus side none of us show signs of eye disease.
What REALLY sucked is the fact that Carrie and I ended up getting those stupid eyedrops. You kow, the ones that dilaite your pupils? Not fun on a sunny day.

I also found out I have "dirty eyeballs", at least that's what Logan says. Seems the redness under my eye is caused by clogged pores at the base of the eyelashes. All theses years i thought it was because I had allergies!

Basically my tears aren't mixing properly. So to fix that I need to use a warm compress on each eye for about 5 minutes, to loosen the guck, then I need to use water and a bit of baby shampoo to clean it and a good rinse. After doing that for the next 2 weeks I should notice my eyes being less light sensitive and no more redness. WHEEEEEEEEEEE!!! No more itchy eyelashes!

No comments: