Thursday, December 21, 2006

Why I Hate Christmas

I love my family. I love my friends and I appreciate the message of unity and peace that this time of year is supposed to represent. But I still hate Christmas.

I hate it because of the week before and the 2 weeks after.

I despise shopping under the best of circumstances but you add the sheer insanity of a thousand people screaming, "OH MY GOD! 5 days until Christmas and I haven't bought anything for anyone!" Jam them into a mall of any size where things are on "sale"(I have my doubts about some items). I'd rather swallow a live block of Semtex and detonate it in my colon. It's a lot less painful.

Last night was, thankfully, the last of my Christmas shopping. The only reason I need to go back to the mall between now and the 25th is if I'm being paid a shit load of cash to kill someone or if zombies attack. Frankly I'd rather take my chances with the zombies.

This morning I took Logan to school. On my way back home I ran into the mother of a friend of Logan's. Niceties demanded I ask if she had finished her shopping yet and she replied with a, "No, I still haven't figured out what to get my husband."

Since we had seen her husband and son at the mall last night I asked if they were finished theirs. They were but her son was wanting to get his mom a special present. It seems he wants to get her a "Cemetery. That way you can see grandpa." That's a hell of a thought and a wish that can only come form a child.

No comments: