Thursday, December 11, 2008

Up and running!

I started working on this today at 10:00 am. I started by disconcerting the power, opening the case, pulling out the DVD drive and the hard drive bays, connecting the C: and DVD drives to the motherboard and powering up the computer.

Windows began to install and asked me if I wanted to delete the partitions but wouldn't let me. so I continued the install. It too about an hour & seemed to go fine so I put the hardware back the way it was, rebooted and got an error. Did some research on it and found I STILL had the virus. GAH! So I installed a virus scanner, found and removed the problem and rebooted.... Same error.

Thankfully the site that ID the virus had instruction on how to manually remove it. I followed the instructions, rebooted and thought I was good. Nope. killing the virus messed up the install... So back to square one.

5 hours of install, resetting hardware and lots of waiting later I'm back in business.

Now I just have a few more hours of locating and installing drivers, browser add-ons, music and photo programs.......

No comments: