Sunday, January 04, 2009

New Years Post #1

January 4, 2009. I guess that means the holidays are over. Good.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no Scrooge, I don't hate the Holidays. I just hate the stupidity that it generates. I guess the stupid never stops but at least it's less intense now.

Initially for Christmas gifts:
I got:
Prince of Persia: Rival Swords for the Wii
2 t-shirts
some 12g cartridges (The one from Legato hasn't arrived yet. I'm guess Tuesday next week)
Precision screwdriver set
Coffee cup with chocolates
Punisher style belt buckle
Monopoly: Star Wars Edition
new boot laces

Carrie got:
CSI game for the Wii
2 different dolphin ornaments
matching toque, mitts & scarf
Jewellry box
Sudoku book
Slippers

Logan got:
12 pair of underwear
2 shirts
2 pair of pants
mini skateboard
Pixar Cars Megablocks
mini sled
Iron man digital still camera
Digital video camera
Spongebob Squarepants electronic Yahtzee
Scrabble
Wheel of Fortune: Simpsons edition
a Bionicle
Guitar Hero World Tour
5 other Wii games
Journey to the Center of the Earth 3D
Batman Hotwheels track
some Bakugan things
4 Pez dispensers.

Carrie and I also got a new coffee maker and on Dec 29 I received a package containing a Sterling STP paintball pump marker.

On Dec 30 my mother and grandmother stopped in to bring their presents for Logan. A hotwheels type race track, some Wii games and some Nerf guns. Grandma took us out for lunch that day and I missed the mail man. It seems another package arrived for me. Totally unexpected.

According to the notice that was left I could pick the package up after 5pm the same day. Due to other things going on that didn't happen. The next day (Jan 31) I went in only to in out it wasn't supposed to be there until after 1 pm.It sucked but I still had to go and get some dog food anyway. Since it was stupid cold out I called before going back. It turns out my package was missing, "Try after 5pm."

5pm: still missing.

Thursday... I called not expecting much because it was a holiday. I was given the number for Canada Post's Customer Service line. Fat lot of help that was.

Called again on Friday and still nothing.

Today... Still nothing but if it were in transit like the customer service guy said it should be in on Monday, after 1 pm. I think I'll wait until after 5 just to be safe.

I'm at a point of annoyance where going down there and causing damage sounds like a good idea.....

At least i still have my new marker to play with!

No comments: