Saturday, January 17, 2009

What's been going on?

Not a lot. As I said earlier I got my awesome black and pink Phantom and I'm waiting for spring to play with it.

Just before Christmas we finally managed to get into a local doctor's office and she's taking us on as patients. That will make it a lot easier than traveling to and from Belleville. Dr. Daneshmend is within walking distance of us and also has a patients only after hours clinic.

I've made my first appointment with her too. February 2 I go in to talk to her about me having sinusitis and to get a prostate check. Yeah, it's not something anyone really wants to hear about but too bad for you. For me it's a growing concern. I'm going to be 38 in 50 days, 40 is creeping up on me... Add to that both of my grandfathers suffered prostate cancer and only one beat it.

Aside from that my health is pretty good. The cold weather is stiffening my back up and having to shovel the driveway doesn't help, but that has to get done by someone.

Carrie still has whatever her flu/cold is. She's kind of moved downstairs into their extra bedroom. She's up most of the night coughing and doesn't want to disturb Logan and I. It's nice of her but the bedroom is kind of lonely. The cold is also playing hell on her back. Thankfully spring isn't too far away.

Logan is in good health as well. The cold is affecting his asthma a little. Nothing to worry about but he's clearing his throat a lot and has an occasional cough. His puffers are helping. His schooling is doing better. He's getting his homework done like he's supposed to, no notes are coming home about him goofing off in class.

Taz is great. He lost the last of his puppy teeth the other day. He's just a goofy puppy.



50 days until mine and Logan's birthdays.... He'll be 9 and I'll be 38.
What do i want for my birthday?
Well, I need new computer speakers.

A new paintball mask would be great, Proto Axis (red) or VForce Grillz (red) would be awesome, Vforce Pro-vantage would be great too.

My one and only big ticket item would be the SG-1 Prescription Goggle.

They don't look like much but check them out: SG-1 Goggles

$299 US for the frames, a clear lens and a gray lens. You can wear them with only the strap or it can be removed and worn with arms. The lenses are ballistic grade too. I've thought about getting the transitional lenses too but that boosts the cost up to $350, so does getting gray polarized... Sigh.

Logan is in need of a new bike this year. He's just too big for his old one. He needs a new helmet to go with it. He'd also like the Guitar Hero drum set and mic. GAH!

He loves his Nerf Dart guns he got for Christmas and wants a few more of them. At least those move him towards paintball LOL!

No comments: