Friday, April 07, 2006

OUCH!

Went back to the dentist last night. They removed the temporary filling that was put on last week. After a bit of grinding he gave me some options.

1- Put a couple of pins into the tooth and rebuild it. No garantee as to how long it would last. Becasue of it being a molar and how the break was normal chewing could shear the pins and I'd be back in the chair.

2- Do a root canal and install a post. A post is thicker and stronger than the pins. Root canal would need to be done to make room for the post. My coverage would allow the root canal, but no the post. Since I had no money to cover the post it wasn't an option.

3-Pull the fucker out of my face. Cheap, covered and only one visit. So that was what I went with.

At this point I'd had 2 needles just to remove the temp filling. I got 3 more to go with them, 2 in the roof of the mouth. OUCH!!! He waited a couple of minutes and stared to pull. It felt like he was pulling the upper jaw right out of my head. No pain but lots of pressue. After five minutes or so he stopped. He siad it was too stubborn and he was going to cut the tooth into 3 pieces. Five more minutes of drilling followed by 10 minutes of pulling and I was done. Install one disovable stitch sit me up and kick me out. DONE!

I have a mild headache, minor swelling and the belleding stopped sometime last night while I was sleeping. I would like to eat but I'm a bit ill feeling from swallowing all that blood. I'm not allowed to eat or drink anything hot and I hate piss warm coffee.... Oh well, what can you do?

No comments: