Thursday, May 03, 2007

No news is good news I guess.

It's not that things haven't been happening, just nothing major.

My back is slowly recovering. My doctor said I should get into physiotherapy and prescribed me some Novo-Cycloprine (muscle relaxers). I'm not keen on taking them, I dislike taking meds unless I absolutely have to, but at least they are better than the morphine. I've also applied to receive disability support. I doubt I'll get it but it would certainly help us financially.

Carrie has been diagnosed with some kind of osteoporosis of her spine. There's another name for it but neither of us can remember what it is. She's been put on calcium supplements and vitamin D. Hopefully that will fix her up. It explains her back/hip problems.

Logan has been enjoying the nice weather we've finally been getting. He's spending more time outside playing with kids in the neighborhood, flying (trying anyway) his kite, riding his bike and scooter. Lately he's also taken to watching Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune. Being in grade one he has no real clue what any of the answers are but is fun to listen to him try. His answers tend to be things he's heard in commercials or something Carrie and I have said while he's watching.

Special Ops Paintball is hosting an Elite Weekend game on their new field. Details about the weekend can be found here. If you have Google Earth (or something similar) the coordinates are 40°26' 42"N 112°24'02"W. Forum members have been making suggestions on what to put into the field. It looks like they may put up some web cams for the weekend. That would be so freaking awesome for the thousands of us that can't go.

It's too bad it's such a small game. 60 spots total, and only 30 were available for purchase. The other 30 are up for grabs in a draw. I'd love to go this year but time, my back and the cost won't let me. To buy a spot it's $2700.00 US for non Special Ops Brigade members. Because I'm a member it's would only be $1700.00. But I still need airfare, accommodations, food and a passport. Total bill for me in Canadian funds is about $3600.00. It could take up to 10 weeks for my passport to be processed which is well after the weekend.

No comments: