Sunday, June 17, 2007

I got shit on.

You're probably thinking I mean bad news or got into some trouble. Nope you're wrong.

This morning Carrie went for her smoke and found a sparrow chick on the ground. We have a corner piece missing on the buildings siding and birds have nested in there, heck we found 2 dead chicks in the last week already.

She called me out to clean it up. I was about to toss it in the trash when she noticed that it was still breathing. I would have put it back in it's nest but it's 14 feet up the side of the building and we have no ladder here. So she decided to bring it in and help it out.

We called the humane society, but they won't take it and now we have a new house guest. They did tell us to feed it oatmeal though.

The little guy was slow to start eating, but now he's all for food from the tip of a straw. He starts cheeping loudly when he's hungry. Since 9:00 am we've tried to feed him every 20 to 30 minutes, and he's getting stronger each time.

Well with it being after 9pm now I figured it would be his last meal of the day. I'm holding him and he craps on my hand. All I can think of is that stupid joke...

Here are a few pics of him(or her):






No comments: