Sunday, June 17, 2007

OOOOWCHIE!

So early last week Carrie's CPU fan crapped out. It didn't kill the entire computer, or so we thought. We called around to see about a new fan/heatsink for a Socket A motherboard. We found one place that had one. For $40.00.

We brought the computer in too see if they could remove the old one and confirm if it was in fact Socket A that was needed. This is owchie number 1. It's about a 20 minute WALK to the computer place. I carried the computer case there and back only stopping for them to open the case.

Opening the case was owchie number 2. It seems that the extra heat caused by the fan failure assisted 3 of the capacitors to expand/blow. Basically we need a new computer.

On the plus side though I can build her a system for about $325.00. Now we just need the $$$$.

Some additional good news: My Passport arrived on the 13th! So that means I am DEFINITELY going to the Elite Weekend in Utah! WOOT WOOT!!!

I leave Thursday at noon fly from Kingston to Toronto and have a 3.5 hour layover. Then it's 4 hours and 15 minutes to Salt Lake City. I'll arrive there are about 6:40 MDT. After I checkinto my hotel I'll be heading over to Rodizio's for "All you can eat" Brazilian BBQ meal! I hope I can move afterwards. :D

No comments: