Tuesday, August 24, 2004

All she has to show for it is a band-aid on the belly button

Yesterday was surgery day for Carrie. We were supposed to be at the hospital at 9:15 am, we were there about 20 minutes early. Not that it mattered. There were complications in the surgery before Carrie's and she was delayed almost 3 hours.

Things went very well. The surgery only took about 20 minutes. We don't have all the details, the doctor never spoke to me, but told Carrie, while still coming out of the anesthetic, something about her Fallopian tubes being blocked. They cleared them. More details may come when after she sees our family doctor in a week.

Aside from being sore, and feeling a little silly about worrying for 3 months, Carrie is starting to recover. Down side for me is no sex for at least 2 weeks, and I have to do all the heavy housework.

Last Tuesday, I think I forgot to mention that Logan went to the ophthalmologist. That was an adventure and a half.
Logan does have a lazy eye, and his good eye needs to be patched for the next 6 weeks. He also needs glasses.

We picked up his glasses last night. His are similar to mine, and just a shade darker. He's four, so keeping them on, for now, is a little difficult.

As mentioned in a previous post, I finally got a pic of my Grandfather's medals.

My Grandfather's medals Posted by Hello

Hopefully I'll be able to display it in my home someday, and do the same for my dad's dad.

No comments: