Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Holy Hell! Where did the week go?

I just can't fucking believe it. It's been a week since my last post. Talk about slacking.

Not a hell of a lot has been going on. Just the usual mundane, boring day to day shit.

Carrie's still healing from her surgery. It's taking longer than expected, but she has been doing all the normal stuff she's not supposed to do. Except pick up Logan.

I've been lazy and haven't taken any pics of Logan in his new glasses. Maybe tomorrow I'll do it. We did, however, get him a soft leather eye patch for his good eye. The adhesive ones were just too harsh on him when they had to come off. He's missing about half an eyebrow.

It's now the end of August and still nothing from the military. I guess all my "minor" faults (flat feet, glasses, hearing loss, weight, asthma) are conspiring against me. I'm trying not to let it bother me too much, but I do feel really useless and old every time I think about it.

So. Options. 1)I fight like a son of a bitch and try to get a job at McDonald's. 2) Re-apply to Stream, a place where I didn't mind the work but HATED management.
3) Look into a program from Employment Insurance that will give me $5000.00 to take any one year course I want from nearly any school. 4)See about getting a student loan and taking a 2 or 3 year course for business management, and start my own indoor paintball field. 5)Become a gigolo. 6)become a ninja assassin. 7) Suicide. Or, finally, 8) become a taxi driver.
These are in no particular order.

On the lighter side..... Yesterday, when I took Logan to daycare, we spent the trip there arguing about when he goes to "big kid" school.
That's right. Next Tuesday, September 7, Logan starts junior kindergarten. He's very excited to go. Today we picked up some school supplies for him, and tomorrow we go to the school to meet his teacher and see his class room. Hopefully I'll remember to bring the camera.

1 comment:

Bratness said...

Mom was telling me that Logan wanted to be in "High School" already, that's cute:D

Hopefully he'll have a good day and not be bawling his eyes out all day like I was my first day of primary...I was/am such a wuss:D

Hopefully you'll hear back from the military soon:)

Why don't you see if you can go back to a video store? I know you seemed to like that in most cases too at least:)