Thursday, September 09, 2004

I need a life. Or least I need something to do...

It's been 9 days since my last post. Goes to show how much excitement I have in my life.

Last weekend we went to the Quinte Exhibition and Fair. What a FUCKING RIP OFF that was. We checked on line before going we're on a tight enough budget as it is so we didn't want any suppresses. Fat lot of good that did.
The website was right about the entry fee to get on the grounds, $10.00 for a 5 day pass. They also had a price listing for ride tickets, $0.75 per, 14 for $10.00, or 30 for $20.00. BULLSHIT!!
We go to the booth and the sign above it says each ticket is $1.00, or 22 for $20.00. When I asked about the pack of 14 I was told, "we don't sell 'em like that."
So, I spent $10.00, just enough to let Logan go on a few rides. Now, everyone has seen the giant slides they have, you know, the kind that you ride a potato sack down?
I wasn't hard to talk a 4 year old into going down, but he was too small to go alone. Number of tickets per person? 2 + 1 for the accompanying adult. So it cost $3.00 to go down a god damned slide. Further down the midway they had the kiddy rides. It cost 3 tickets to go on the merry-go-round, 2 to go on the moonwalk and 2 to go on the kiddy cars. Obviously I had to buy a few more tickets.

Tuesday was Logan's first day of junior kindergarten. He met his teacher Mrs. Montgomery. I'm glad parents were allowed to go into class on the first day. While everyone was looking around and chatting the teacher had a box on the table, and said that there was a special friend inside named Lucy. I think all the parents thought it was a class pet, a hamster or something. I found out today that Lucy is a lamb puppet.

No comments: