Saturday, May 29, 2004

Dark Ages

When I ws younger my friends and I would get together and play a game called Battletech. It was a battle simulation, like chess, but far more complicated. The number of pieces you used varied depending on the number of people playing, and the type of game being played. In the begining we had cardboard peices to represent our mechs and other items, later we found metal miniatures.
It's been a while since I played last. I was surprised to learn that Fasa had sold the rights to Wizkids. at the same time I had high hopes for the game to come back to life. Wizkids made some massive changes. They still use miniatures, (n scale now), but they're on a click base. Perform an action, turn the dial. Simple. No more sheets and counters and ammo to track.
I now have two booster packs. Each pack contains 2 infantry units, 1 vehicle, and one 'Mech, and at a cost of $14.00 (tx incl) it's a damn good price. You can still get the old Fasa type minis at that price per single mech. the only down side to the way it is now, you can't create custom 'Mechs.

The last couple of days hae been pretty uneventful. Spent the day on Thursday at my moms. Did our laundry, looked at vacation photos, had hot dogs for lunch. Friday, took Logan to school, went to the gym, had company after lunch, and went to the mall for a bit before getting Logan from school.

As for today? Not sure. Don't have any plans. Might check to see when the family swim at the YMCA is and go piddle in their pool. Might head up to the mall. Hell might sell the wife and kid on ebay. Depends on how baord I get.

No comments: