Thursday, May 27, 2004

Yesterday was good.

It wasn't a particularly exciting day, but it was actually good.
We did the grocery shopping, met my mom who just got back from 3 weeks in Halifax N.S., and I handed out some resumes. The resumes are what made the day good.
I went to the Quinte Mall to hand them out. Carrie and I went in through the Winners doors. I walked past Bata (sports clothing) and saw they are looking for staff. Management trainee, and sales staff. I went in expecting to apply for sales, but I had a mini interview with the temporary manager and it was decided I'd be put in for management. If I'd have been 10 minutes earlier then I could have spoken directly to the district manager. I was told that they wanted to start interviews today, and that not many people, if any, had applied for management trainee.
After that, I dropped some more off at a couple of jewelry stores, and the camera stores. Just before we went for groceries, we stopped into the adult store and I dropped one of in there for the hell of it.
I can just imagine the kinds of questions I'd have to deal with working in the adult store. "What strapon should I get my wife so she can get the best anal penitraion on me?" or "How well do these penis pumps work? My boyfriend is too small."
While looking around I noticed a change room at the back. On the door it has a sign that says, "Please ask our staff for a hand". That's a can of worms just waiting to be opened.
My plans for today? Well, have to do some laundry, meet my mother so we can have coffees and hear about her trip, go back up to the mall and check out the tattoo parlor, keep checking the phone for messages for a job interview, and pray that the army calls soon.
Looks like it's time for me to quite using the computer for my purposes, Logan wants me to play MSPaint with him....We use the web cam to take pics of his spiderman action figures and draw webs and stuff. Lots of fun!

No comments: