Saturday, May 22, 2004

I've learned

some things today.

I thought I knew what efficiency was. My four yearold son proved me wrong. I thought being efficent meant spending hours reading books or taking classes to learn shortcuts on how to make big job easier. As an example I figured getting Photoshop 6.0, and a book on how to use it was more efficent than building a darkroom and buying tons of chemicals, especially since I live in an apartment. I never dreamed that efficency could be applied to blowing the fuzz from a dandilion stalk. Rather than waste his valuable time blowing on the blasted thing for 15 to 20 seconds he just waves it through the are with all his might. If time is REALLY short, he smacks it off of the nearst hard object, usually my bare legs.

Another thing I learned today, or more accurately, relearned, is that Douglas Adams was a brilliant man. I'm in the process of reading The Salmon of Doubt. Read the section titled Is There an Artificial God? and you'll see what I mean. I just hope that the movie version of Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy does Mr. Adams' memory justice.

Now, this isn't something I so much as learned, but do truely wonder about: Why do they keep making toilet paper more absorbant?
If I were going to make a hammock out of shit tickets and then lay in it soaking wet, then yes, I can see the value of it being stronger and more absorbant. However that's not what I do.
What I do is wipe my ass. If they keep making it more absorbant, I won't even need to sit on the toilet. I'll just shove a square between the cheeks of my ass, feel a bit of suction, and I'll be good to go.

One thing I haven't learned today is how to use this bloody BloggerBot. Maybe I'm too smart to figure it out? Or too tired?
Either way, I'll deal with it in the morning. For now I'm just going to surf the t.v. channels and watch the lightning storm outside.

No comments: