Monday, May 24, 2004

Yesterday was beyond boring. We got up in the morning and did absolutely nothing. Hell, we didn't even unlock the aprtment door.
Here it is the glorious May 2-4 weekend. We're supposed to have all sorts of fun celebrating Queen Victoia's birthday with camping, parties, and fireworks, and I haven't unlocked the front door.
Not that it really matters. It's been crappy rainy weather all weekend. Today the weatherman is calling for EXTREME rain, 50 to 70mm of rain. And here I thought extreme rain meant it would be coming in by bungee, or skydiving, or maybe just screaming alot.
My plans for today? None. Unless you count skindiving in the streets when they flood. Being a holiday, damn near everything is closed, and the busses aren't running anyway. I just hope I can muster the courage to unlock the door today.
My brain is starting to hurt. It's just a side effect of the new allergy meication I'm on, Nasqort AQ. It's a nasal spray that I have to take before bed. I've been snorting it for 2 weeks now, and aside from me going through ALL the side effects, one per day, it seems to be working fine. At least against my lesser allergies. Later this week I'm going to be in a house full of cats and that will be the real test.
The reason I started this new medication is because of the military. I grew up being allergic to fish/shellfish, and was worried about Logan being the same way. I set up an allergy test for him and I. They tested me for seafood and nuts, and Logan was tested for seafood. There were some interesting results.
After spending 12 years in Nova Scotia not beigng able to eat the catch of the day, I'm no longer allergic. The Doctor said it might have gone dormant, or I may be over it completely. Since he can't tell for sure he suggested I still avoid it. I am, hoverever, allergic to hazelnuts, pecans and almonds. Nothing fatal, thankfully, but will make me sick.
Now if only I can become allergic to work....

No comments: