Sunday, July 18, 2004

Hooray for Phones!

On Thursday of last week I asked Kris, via ICQ, if he had Marks phone number. He said no. I wasn't overly surprised, seeing as he and Mark weren't buddy-buddy.
Kris did suggest I ask Shaun. Just as I finished reading it, Shaun pops up on MSN. When asked if they planned it they both said no. I have my doubts about that. But Shaun gave me Marks phone number.
 
Here it is Sunday, and I finally gave Mark a call. I haven't spoken to him in a few years, at least 2, but probably closer to 4.
It was a little awkward, and we never really fell into that old "good friends" type of banter. I guess it's just too many years of news have passed and not knowing what to ask.
 
SO. Mark and his long time girlfriend (Bonnie), got married last August. They've moved into a house, have no kids, but have at least 2 cats. I'm guessing there's more, but Mark only confessed to two. He's been working at the same place now for, as far as I can figure, 6 years. I know Bonnie was working when I left Nova Scotia after high school, but didn't think to ask if she was still pulling her weight. (I'm going to get slapped for that one)
 
We made the typical small talk about how no-one can afford to go more than 100 meters from one for a vacation, which means we won't see each other unless someone wins the 6/49. I asked about some other common friends we had, and was told that he didn't see them very often.
 
The one person I was hoping for news about was Julie. Unfortunately Mark hasn't heard from her since the wedding. Maybe she'll contact him soon and he can pass my info on to her.
 
Other than that, not much has been happening. I'm still waiting to hear form the army. I haven't been to a movie in a dogs age. I'm waiting for the Olympics to start. I had a job interview at Staples last week, but didn't get the job.
 
OH! I went to my FIRST Mechwarrior: Dark Ages tournament at the Fable Shop. I didn't play, I don't have enough figure to make a decent army. I went mainly to see the game mechanics. Just like back in high school in Kris and Johns basement, it took forever for things to start. It was scheduled to start at noon, but everyone kept trying to tweak their armies. There was no money involved, but there was a prize. A pair of hard to get figures. If you haven't seen the game yet, check it out  http://www.wizkidsgames.com/mwdarkage/ 


No comments: