Wednesday, July 14, 2004

A little wet and soggy

It's now Wednesday. Waterfornt weekend is done for another year, and rumor has it, again, this will be the last one.

I'm not going to lose sleep over it if it is. Waterfront isn't the best thing I've been to. Hell I've been to kids birthday parties that offered as much entertainment. After all Waterfront is really only a flea market. This year there were supposed to be more craft stalls than ever before. It didn't look like it to me.
Aside from the crap, I mean crafts, that I wouldn't buy because I'm not over 70, there's the "Ethnic village". The village is a food court. That's it. No there isn't a McDonald's or a Pizza Hut. The food is supposed to be from various countries around the world. This is a good thing. I like to eat. I like to try new things. Unfortunately everything is way over priced. A polish sausage cost $3.00, and a can of Coke was $1.75. And it's a small sausage.

I'm still unemployed, but that will hopefully change by the end of this week. I had an interview at Staples yesterday. The guy I was supposed to be interviewed by was out assisting a customer in home, so I was seen by someone that wasn't prepared to see me.
She told me that it's normally a 3 interview process, and she was usually the second interview. Aside form the "what can you bring to the company" question it went well. I never know how to answer that.

I woke up this morning to a "sever thunderstorm warning". That's a nice way to start the day. Shortly after that I got a call from my mom telling me that if it gets really bad, hide the family in the bathroom. The storm lasted MAYBE 20 minutes. Hell, it didn't even rain that hard. No lightning, no hail, no dark foreboding skies. sigh. Maybe next time we'll get a tornado, now that would be cool!

No comments: