Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Aptitude testing complete!

I knew it was going to be an early morning for the last few days. I even went to bed early, 9:00pm to be exact. Yet 5:30 am still came horribly early.

I was up thirty minutes before my alarm was set to go off. No biggie. I did my thing in the washroom. I had a breakfast that consisted of a bowl of Rice Crispies and two cups of coffee. Not bad at 6:00am.
My mother picked us up a little before 7:00am. We packed ourselves into he van and were off. Aside form a babbling four year old the trip was uneventful.

I got to the Recruitment center at 8:00, went in found out how long it was supposed to take, was given $50.00, and sent to a waiting room. There were only a couple of other people there.

I filled out a survey they gave me. Finally at 8:30 they came to get me for the aptitude testing. 45 minutes later the testing was done and it was back to the waiting room.

Next step was the medical exam. It wasn't too bad. I did the eye test, and need to get a new lens for my right eye. The hearing test was not what I expected, or at least the results weren't. In the higher frequencies, cell phone rings, dog whistles, etc my hearing is fine. In the lower frequencies, like human speech I have some minor hearing loss.

Other odd things found were that my left knee is loose. The tendons are weak. The arches of my feet are slightly fallen, and my inner thigh muscles are a little weak. My blood pressure is a little high as well, but the figure it's the stress of the interview. But the weirdest thing is a canker sore. Not so weird in and of itself, but because of where it was found. On my uvula. You know, the little punching bag at the back of your throat.

So now it's back to a waiting game. I have to get some papers signed by my family doctor and get them back to Kingston. Once they have the papers, they send my file to the review committee(3 people that view 27,000+ applications per year). Once they have the file it's a MINIMUM of 4 weeks, average of 6 (longest seen was 1 year), before they contact me to do the fitness testing. GOD! Here I was hoping to be in boot camp by the end of July. It could be September to next June before I go.

So, what to do? I guess I'm going to spend more time in the gym and see if I can find a crap-ass part time job just so I have something to do.

That, and I'm going to keep up this annoying blog.

No comments: