Monday, June 28, 2004

I'm stumped.

I have absolutely no clue as to what I need to do.

Here I am, hoping to get into the army. I've done most of the required preliminary work, all that's left is the actual fitness test. Here in lies my quandary.

I'm 5' 10 3/4" tall, 232 lb. For my height, I should only be 170 pounds. That means I need to lose 60 pounds.

"Go on a diet, you idiot!"

Yeah, right. Which one? It's not that I don't have the will power to stick to a diet. It's a lack of finances. Everything I've read tells me that eating FRESH FOODS is the best way to shed pounds with regular exercise. I can't afford to but a head of lettuce every other day. I'm stuck with processed crap because I need food to last at least 2 weeks.
Hell, I can't even afford to get Slimfast. The shakes need too much milk and a box of 6 bars won't last long. I'll have to double check the price of them. At least I'd be sure to get more balanced diet.

The next thing I'm having problems with is finding a workout routine. I need something to help me build strength for push-ups and chin ups. Can I find anything online? HELL NO!

I guess this means I'm off to the library to find some fitness/anatomy books.

Oh hell. I almost forgot. I have to take Logan to the dentist in the morning. He needs to get a cavity filled, or as the dental assistant put it, "He needs to get the sugar bugs out of your mouth."

Sweet Jesus, I'll need a drink by 10:00 am.

No comments: