Friday, June 04, 2004

Much better day today

Yep. It was.
Got up this morning and headed to Kingston. We were planning on just looking for a new apartment in a city with more employment opportunities. We looked at two. Not really worth what they were asking. We had a while to wait until our next viewing, so we went for lunch.
I suggested we stop in at the recruitment centre, just to see what I could find out about my application. Boy am I glad we did! The Sgt. Behind the counter was procssing application from when I had applied. Mine wasn't in the pile he had, so he took my name and went to check his next stack. My understanding is that he was going by branch of military, and was doing the air force. When he came back to the counter he had my file in hand. I was #6 on his list. Since I was there he set up my testing date. June 16, 2004 and 0815. I'm doing a written, and assuming I do well there, I'll do the physical afterwards. I'll be in Kingston until 1300-1330. I guess this means I have to get into the gym more often.

As far as moving goes... As much as we hate being in this building, in this hellhole town, we're going to stick it out for a while longer. We contacted low income housing and were told it'd be another 4 to 8 months before they have a place for us. Fine by me. I can wait for the cheap rent, something like 15-30% of our monthly income. We'd be paying no more that $450.00. That puts $160.00 in our pockets. SWEET!

Tonight, I think I'm going to start making "terrain features" for 'Mechwarrior: Dark Ages out of papier mache. I have a couple of small boxes I'm using as a mold for buildings. I figure start small...And at a scale of 1:160 I guess that's all I can really do. At that scale the box for cigarette tubes will be a 12 story building. I was thinking about using chicken wire to make frames for other features such as hills. Trees and things I can buy at the hobby shop.

Four year olds are great. The other day when we were at the doctors office Logan was interested in favorite numbers. He was assigning them. Grandma's was 9, mine was 3, his was 1. Carries was 69. Now picture this. A four year old in a quiet office full of elderly people, VERY loudly proclaims, "Mommy's favorite number is 69!"
It wasn't quiet very long. I thought Carrie's head was going to explode with the number of shades of pink she was turning.

No comments: