Monday, June 07, 2004

Mark off another Monday.

Ok. I got an email the other day, from my friend Bill. I've known Bill since high school. Over all he's a good guy, but with this last email I'm wondering if he's a masochist of some sort.

A few years ago he headed to Korea to teach English as a second language. As far as I know he speaks Korean as well as I do French, and I'm at the Pepe Le Pew level.
He claims he enjoys the job, but from his website stories, or horror stories, I can't imagine why. I hope it was just bad employers that he got stuck with. I wish him all the luck in the world, and then some, on this, his third try. Anyone have a goat I can sacrifice? Just to play it safe?

Today was dentist appointments for the family. Carrie didn't go. She was in too much pain from having sprained her ankle last night. That left me and Logan. Scary, huh?

Actually it wasn't too bad. Logan went first. I was expecting him to scream, cry, kick, yell, throw and basically be a 4 year old on his very first visit. The only problem we had with him was he kept putting his hands over his eyes to block out the light he uses. He was very still, and brave, I couldn't be more proud of him. The only downside is he has his first cavity, and gets it fill next week.
Next was my turn. Logan sat on a stool while my teeth were cleaned and checked. The whole time I was laying there, I could hear Logan saying things like, "It's ok. It's not scary. You'll be done soon." The dentist was laughing, and was was trying not to cry. I couldn't get over how grown up he sounded. And that's with Spongbob playing on the TV behind him. Dentist found 1 small cavity and one large one. The big one I knew about because a good chunk of the tooth is gone. So I get to go for fillings on Wed, and Fri.

I'm glad I get the fillings done this week. With my aptitude test and physical coming up next week it's one less thing I need to worry about. I'm not exactly nervous of the tests. The written I KNOW I'll pass. It's the physical I'm worried about. According to to the chart in my doctors office, I'm 50lb overweight. I'm 5'10" tall and 230lb. For my height I should only be about 170lb. I don't look 230lb though. I don't have a huge belly, I'm not "ripped" like Mr.Universe, but I don't look like John Goodman either. Either I carry it very well, or there isn't much body fat and I have a denser bone structure. Heavier bones might explain why I can't lose the weight. I guess we shall see what we shall see.

No comments: