Sunday, June 13, 2004

Nice and Mellow

Well, it's been a few days since my last entry. Not a hell of a lot has been going on.


Logan has been sick with some kind of flu bug, as has my grandmother. Both are doing better, but aren't at 100% yet.


I've been trying to spend as much time at the Gym as possible. Doing a 2.4 km run in under 12.5 minutes isn't my favorite thing to do, but at least I can do it. I hope I can do enough push-ups and chin-ups to get in. I've been sore in the shoulders and neck since I tried to carry a duffel bag of groceries like a back pack. Approximate weight: 120 lbs. Granted it was easier to carry them than if they were in 4 or 5 different boxes, but it was still stupid.


We picked up a ceiling fan at a yard sale for a whopping $1.00. I tried to put it up myself. I didn't zap myself, but with no instructions and never having put one up before I couldn't quite see how all the parts fit. So I had the building super help. The only thing I wasn't getting right was the cowling. Everything else I had right. I'm gald it works, it's $40.00 brand new. It also shows my mom I'm not an incompetent boob.


Today, having been reasonably sunny and warm we went to the Sir James Whitney School for the Deaf. We were going just to play at the playground equipment there, but got a little side tracked. They have their fountain turned on. So we spalshed around in there for a while. Damn it was COLD! If I'm still around next weekend (I could be off to bootcamp), we're going to have a pic-nic and splash around some more.

No comments: