Thursday, June 10, 2004

Dreams

Last night I had one that I can only partially remember.
I'm not sure who, but it was an old friend of mine. They were sick, seriously ill. As I stood by the hospital bed, the doctor said they needed something special to help my friend. I stuck my hand into my chest and pulled out 2 ribs. I squeezed the marrow out of them. My friend still died. I woke up crying, filled with a sense of loss. Now, almost 6 hours later I still have that empty someone just died feeling. It sucks.

I decided to see if the dream meant anything. Here's what I found, with the help ofDream moods:
To see your friends, saddened and troubled, in your dream, signifies sickness and distress upon them.
To see a hospital in your dream, symbolizes your need to heal or improve your physical or mental heath. You need to get back to the flow of everyday life.
To dream that you are seeing the doctor, denotes discouraging illness and strife amongst members of your family. It may signal your need for emotional and spiritual healing.
To see bones in your dream, suggests the discovery of your personal, family, or cultural secrets. It is also symbolic of your underlying strengths that you have not yet recognized.
To dream about the death of a loved one, suggests that you are lacking a certain aspect or quality that the loved one embodies. Ask yourself what makes this person special or what do you like about him. It is that very quality that you are lacking in your own relationship or circumstances. Alternatively, it indicates that whatever that person represents has no part in your own life.

So far the only good thing today is that the humidex is gone. Yesterday we hit 28C (83F), add the humidex and it felt like 32C (90F). Not to mention it was the second day of the smog advisory. I'm so glad we have air conditioning in our place.

I think I'm going to head off to the gym and see if I can do my military run...

No comments: